I am sharing my current favourites from the beauty diaries today. This time it is a mix of skincare loves of the moment. It includes cleansers, exfoliators, moisturisers, oils and the like.
This list includes a number of products that I have been reusing as well as a number of new products. I have included mostly facial products and a couple generic (body) products. Over the years, I have become more and more inclined towards good skin than good makeup, honestly, who wouldn't? I was never much into products until I moved to Japan. I would just use any face wash for cleansing, then moisturise, thats it.
Then, I started having couple of zits around my cheeks and I ignored them thinking it is seasonal. Soon, my face had a profusion of acne, everywhere. That's when I coveted clear skin and started looking for quality skincare. I also visited a dermatologist in Tokyo but my skin was never how it was before.
Even today, I have a lot hyper pigmentation, acne scars and on and off acne episodes. Hence, skincare comes as the first requirement to me. My skin also gets used to products very easily. So it's a mandate for me to switch up things in my routine other wise they don't work for me, except a few.
Current Favourites | Cleansers/Makeup Removers/Exfoliators, etc. - Face
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel: I have been using this one for a couple of weeks now. I recently got La Roche-Posay Anti-Acne Starter Kit and this one was one of the two products. I am really liking it for now, as it is summers here. As soon as I am done using one tube, I will share my detailed review along with pictures.
- Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Oil: If you have been reading my posts, you'd know how much I loved this cleansing oil from Japan. I got extra bottles when we left for India. 😀 But naturally, very soon my stock vanished. After using a cleaning oil for years, it's too difficult to go back to normal make up removers. This is when I started looking for cleansing oils in Australian drugstores and zeroed in on this one. So far I am liking it, it really takes off all the makeup including waterproof mascaras. Review coming soon.
- St. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub: Loving this stuff!!! I think I have found a holy grail budget exfoliator that is super moisturising as well. I use it 2-3 times per week, depending on how my skin is behaving, for sure not more than that. It leaves my skin so soft and nourished, can't explain that.
- LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub: Again, this stuff is divine! Smells oh-so-amazing and works super well to get those flaky bits of your lips.
Also check my summer must haves here!
Current Favourites | Toners/Facial Sprays, etc.
- LUSH Breath of Fresh Air: LUSH is my go-to skincare brand. I love everything from the brand and I am never disappointed. This facial spray is no less, it is such a calming concoction of freshness that immediately revives your skin. It is also a miscellaneous product; you can use it as a regular toner, you can keep it in a travel sized bottle in your bag and spritz during the day to awake your skin. Added plus, it is great for acne-prone skin; doesn't irritate at all.
Current Favourites | Moisturisers - Face
- LUSH Vanishing Cream: Too much LUSH-ing, am I? This is also my forever favourites I guess, instead of current favourites. I am on my fourth or fifth jar I think, or maybe more. This is the perfect day cream that suits my acne-prone skin. It is also one of the rarest products to which my skin has not developed resistance.
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo(+): Maybe it's too soon to say I love it but for now I like it. It has helped in reducing the acne scars, though not completely stopped the occurrence of acnes. Will talk more about that in another post.
- The Body Shop Drops of Youth, Youth Eye Concentrate: Recent addition to my favourites. Earlier, I used Shiso 2 in 1 Brightening Eye Cream and was hooked onto it for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, the brand discontinued it and I had to look for alternative. That is when I grabbed this one and I am in love since then.
- Nivea Fruity Shine Tinted Lip Balm: I do not like lip balms that have a heavy greasy feel to them, so this one is perfect with a bit of tint.
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer face Sunscreen Liquid Lotion: Again, if you have been here for quite some time, you'd remember this holy grail Japanese sunscreen of mine. But as ran out of all my stack, I had to return back to this all time favourite sunscreen by Neutrogena.
Current Favourites | Exfoliators - Body
- LUSH Cup O' Coffee: Again 😀 This is the best scrub if you have dry body skin and super dry toes and heels. This is meant to be used as a face and body scrub. I prefer to use it more on my body than on my face given the large coffee granules as they can irritate my skin if rubbed on. But, I sometimes use it just as a mask without rubbing and it works super well.
Current Favourites | Moisturisers - Body
- NUXE Huile Prodigieuse: Long time favourite for face, hands, hair, basically whole body. Smells amazing and instantly nourishes any dry bits.
- Aveeno daily moisturising lotion, sheer hydration: This stuff has been a saviour for my body. It literally absorbs in seconds and keeps my skin moisturised for the longest time I can recall. I never feel the need to reapply it unless I have exposed myself to water.
That's all for current favourites. Quite a lot, no? Tell me what are your current favourites that you just can't do without. I'd love to know. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
PS: I have tried to put links to all these products on Amazon and other sites if I couldn't find something on Amazon. That doesn't mean these are affiliate links. This is not a sponsored post, all are my own purchases.