In this post I am sharing my current hair care routine. This is basically a round up of things/products that I have been using lately. I am super lazy when it comes to taking care - read fancy care - of my hair. I do not do much, there are a bunch of things that I do (that we all lazy chaps do) and call it a day. When it comes to hair care, all I do is shampoo, condition, oil (need to do it more though), and nourish by serum. That is all.
Usually, I do not repeat a shampoo/conditioner consecutively. I like trying new ones as soon as I run out of my supply. Currently, I am really liking coconut; hence, a lot of coconut-y products are in my routine for hair as well as body care. I have listed down my favourites below in the order I like to use them.
- Oil (Spiral Foods Extra Virgin Coconut Oil) - This is the most difficult step for me as I told ya I am super lazy. However, I still try to accomplish this step every week at least once. I love using coconut oil for this step as since I was a child I used that only. It smells delicious, leave my hair super moisturised and helps them in growing longer. The only down side could be the long time needed to wash it off next morning.
- Shampoo (Tresemme Botanique Shampoo Restore & Shine) - The obvious next step. As I mentioned, I rarely repeat my shampoo and conditioner consecutively. This is my first time using this range by Tresemme and I am not exaggerating you guys, I absolutely love it. This one doesn't weigh down my hair or make them super dry and squeaky clean. There have been days (specially when my hair is oiled) when I skip the conditioner and still my hair would feel very hydrated and not a zilch dry or rough.
- Conditioner (Tresemme Botanique Conditioner Restore & Shine) - Next up after shampooing my hair, I really like to nourish them back with this conditioner by Tresemme. I generally prefer using the shampoo and conditioner from the same range. This conditioner controls the frizz and makes my hair soft and manageable. The best part about this range is that these are sillicone free and contains no parabens or dyes.
- Serum (John Frieda Frizz Ease) - I may not have the frizziest hair in the world but frizzy enough to consider a serum or leave in conditioner a must for my hair care. I absolutely loved this one by L'oréal but I couldn't find it near me so I switched to this one by John FReida when the time came. I really like the fact that this one is multifunctional - frizz control, humidity protection, hydration, heat protection, smoothing and taming. This really controls the frizz in my hair days when I skip conditioner.
- Dry Oil (NUXE Huile Prodigieuse) - This one is not a must have for everyone but for me. It really fills in the void for times when I have a bad hair day and I am in a rush. Also on days when my hair look totally dead. I just take few drops and touch up the ends of my hair and they look alive again, without making them look oily. I also love this particular product for it is multi-use - face, body and hair; hence, it's a must while travelling.
Check my current favourites from here.
That rounds up my hair care products for now. I'll update this post in future when things change or share a new post altogether. Meanwhile, I'd like to know what are your favourites hair care products. Share in the comments below.
Thanks for stopping by!