Garlic chutney is a great way to add warmth in the cooler months. As winters are approaching, it is the time to get back on lazy days and comfort foods. So I am here with one such recipe of a chutney, which is super beneficial especially during winters when your body needs more warmth and has such a great flavor that you surely can't afford to miss it.
Let's see what all we need for this chutney:
- Garlic cloves – about 10
- Tomatoes – one and a half
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Green chili – 1 (depending on your taste)
- Salt – as per taste
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Black mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder – as per taste
- Take a blender/mixer and blend ingredients 1–5 till a consistent thick paste is made.
- Heat a pan on medium-low heat and add oil
- Add cumin and mustard seeds once oil is hot.
- Add a pinch of red chill powder once cumin seeds start to splutter.
- Immediately add the paste we made in step 1.
- Mix everything nicely and let it cook covered for about 10-12 min, checking and stirring in between.
- Turn off heat, let it cool, serve it in a chutney bowl, and enjoy with anything you like. I love it with stuffed parathas, tehri, as a spread for a veggie sandwich, etc.
Remember, the major ingredient is garlic, so you may want to avoid having a heavy dose of it in the morning before going to work or when going out for a formal meet-up, or else don't mind brushing your teeth again! 😉
Do try this garlic chutney and let me know how it worked out for you. Happy cooking!