Today I will be rambling about MAC Lady Danger; a bright, orange, not-exactly-red kind of red. I have had my eyes on this one for a very long time since I saw one of my favorite YouTubers wearing it quite often and from her only, I came to know about this gem. When I first tried it at the MAC store in Tokyo Solamachi I loved it but still hesitated to go ahead and left it for some reason. When you drop something that you have had your eyes on for forever you get sleepless nights, YOU DO! So after few sleepless nights, I headed back to MAC and grabbed this up and haven't regretted it ever since then! Okay, enough blabbering.
MAC Lady Danger is a kind of 0range-y red that I feel comfortable to wear without looking horrible. This one is a vivid bright red with hints of orange. It somehow looks perfect on me anytime, day (yes I can wear it in the day too) or night. It could also be as I am more comfortable in matte formulations that the glossy ones.
What I like about MAC Lady Danger:
- Texture—It is super smooth and glides on easily in one swipe despite being a matte finish. It has a creamy texture when you apply, which makes the application smooth, but that doesn't mean it is hydrating. It is neither drying nor hydrating so if you have dry or flaky lips you might consider conditioning and scrubbing them before application or else it might emphasize the dry bits.
- Pigmentation—It is super intensely pigmented! One swipe is all you need and you are good to go.
- Staying power—It is long-wear lipstick and stayed for almost 6-7 hours with meals, after that it left a strong stain. The entire day I didn't feel the need to reapply as even when it faded to stain it looked lovely and intense.
- Application—It is so easy to apply straight from the bullet. With darker or vivid shades you feel the need to be extra careful and might use a brush but with this one, I felt no such need as it came out perfectly the first time.
- Fragrance—Okay this might not be a liking for you but I really like the light vanilla scent it has.
What I don't like MAC Lady Danger:
- If you have dry or chapped lips you might not love it as much as I do.
Priced at: 3120 JPY (1450 INR in India) Available at: Sephora, amazon.com
Is MAC Lady Danger your type of red? Have you tried it yet? Share your thoughts in the comments section!
Thanks for stopping by and reading!
Have a fabulous weekend! <3