Hello my beauties! Couple of weeks back I got my hands on this gorgeous Maybelline New York The Nudes Palette and today I am going to share my views on the same with you guys.
I am a fan of nude, gold-y, copper, bronzy eyeshadows. This palette has a very good balance of all such colours.
My Experience with Maybelline New York The Nudes Palette
This is a great drugstore option if you are a beginner or if you want to try out just for the sake of trying. It has 12 shades, a good mix of mattes, satins and shimmery shades. I'll be honest with you guys, I had huge expectations from this one as Maybelline has rarely disappointed me. This one comes in a regular lid packaging with a sponge applicator. The shades have a mixed response on me, some are very good and some are not even average.
What I like about Maybelline New York The Nudes Palette
- It is a basic nude palette that you can't go wrong with it, specially if you do not own a palette with nude eyeshadows.
- It has the perfect balance of subtle and dramatic eyeshadows, a mix of shimmers, satins, and few mattes.
- It comes in a very compact and light weight plastic case with a see through lid.
- It is travelling friendly.
- All these hues will look flattering on anybody as these are quite the classic shades with no over the top experimental shades; has a range of normal everyday neutrals to bold smokey shades.
- It is quite an affordable palette.
- It has a how-to guide at the back of the palette for beginners.
- It comes with a slightly longer sponge tip applicator.
- Pigmentation is good for some and bad for some, some colours showed on my skin nicely and some didn't at all.
- Longevity with primer underneath is good, about 5-6 hours.
What I don't like about Maybelline New York The Nudes Palette
- As I said not all very pigmented; #12 was not the darkest black that I'd like, few more were there that didn't show up much and I had to apply multiple times, meh.
- The texture of #1 is very dry/chalky on me.
- I'd have liked if this palette came with a mirror.
- These are not very blendable, again it's a mix. Some blend nicely and some just sit there and do not blend.
- These don't stay as long without a primer underneath.
It is a good palette if you do not own a neutral palette.
I really hope you liked my take on this palette. Have you tried this one yet? What are your views on this? Do share your comments! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!