Hi, Everyone! How was your weekend? Mine was super fun and relaxing with oodles of desserts and sweetness floating in the house. 🙂 This weekend I baked my signature banana cake again—can't help but fall in love again and again with that cake. Along with that, I also made some molten lava cake! Yes, I did it...and oh my goodness, it was so yummy that I had to share this with you all here 🙂
So let us first go through the ingredients and then I will show you how to get it done.
- Egg yolks—2 (I know my egg yolks look terrible, I am not good at separating them till yet 🙁 )
- Chocolate chips—1 cup
- Butter—1/2 cup
- Granulated sugar—2/3 cup
- All purpose flour—1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract—1/2 Tsp
- Instant coffee powder—1/4 Tsp
Check some more of my dessert reipes here.
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees and prepare your ramekins by buttering them nicely and keep aside.
2. Have a thick-bottomed saucepan on low heat, add butter and chocolate chips to the pan and keep stirring till the chocolate chips are just melted and turn off the heat. Make sure you do this on low heat and turn off as soon as the chocolate chips are just melted otherwise if heated for long, the chocolate goes into an irreversible chemical reaction and is just spoiled. Allow them to cool a bit now.
3. Take a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg yolks in it, now add the sugar and vanilla to it and whisk everything till it forms a smooth mixture.
4. Now add the coffee powder to the flour and add this mixture to the bowl of whisked eggs' mixture followed by adding the chocolate chips mixture (make sure the chocolate chips mixture has cooled down a bit or else it will scramble the eggs). Whisk everything until smooth and evenly combined.
5. Pour this mixture into the buttered ramekins with the help of a ladle. Make sure to put almost equal in all the ramekins. Now bake these in the preheated oven for about 14–15 min, or until the sides of the cake are almost done while the center still looks undone and soft.
6. Let these cool for a minute or two and then invert the ramekins on a plate. Your molten lava cake is ready, just make a cut from the center and you will see oodles of the chocolaty lava floating on your plate...:)
I really hope you guys enjoyed reading this recipe as much as I did sharing it with you guys.
Thanks for stopping by and happy cooking! 🙂