Revlon's Product Description:
True color clarity without the heavy feel. Revolutionary wax-free gel technology for true color clarity in one smooth swipe.Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks have launched recently in Japan in eight shades (out of the 20 shades that were launched in the US) of which I picked up Rose (830). The shades launched here have a colour for all skin tones, from brights to neutrals to poppy colours. Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in Rose: My Review
- Packaging—It come in reflective silver packaging with clear, plastic cap that shuts with a click. The clear cap is good to understand the colour of the lipstick. The lipstick bullet sticks out of the tube even when twisted till the end increasing the chances of mess. These have a kind-0f click mechanism to ensure it's locked in the end, but still you have to be very careful or else your lipstick will definitely nick at the edges of the cap.
- Colour—The shade Rose (830) is a very natural dusty rose that is great for daytime and will be a great pick for upcoming spring.
- Texture—It have a very smooth, creamy texture that easily melts on the lips. The formula does not dry the lips or enhance fine lines but still it's not moisturising either. If you have dry or chapped lips, it would be better to condition them before applying this.
- Pigmentation—Though I purchased one shade only, but I did try other shades at the store. These are highly pigmented with a creamy finish and a very subtle shine to them, guess that is what makes these HD?
- Staying power—It stayed for about 2-3 hours without meals, after that it just vanished! Although it had a very average staying power, it did not fade unevenly.
- Fragrance—It have a sweet and strong scent. Personally, I don't mind it much as it fades in sometime.
- A very muted yet gorgeous rose-y shade.
- The creamy texture
- Super high pigmentation
- Sweet scent, I know it could be a dislike for many but I like it. Plus it vanishes in some time so I am absolutely OK with a hint of sweetness on my lips! :p
- The lipstick sticks out of the tube a bit even after twisting the tube till the end, which makes it very easy to scrape the bullet while capping or uncapping. So no matter how careful you are, the lipstick is still prone to nick a bit.
- Staying power could have been better, demands retouching after 2-2-5 hours. Cannot handle meals or drinks, transfers profusely!
- These have a sweet and strong scent. As I said I don't mind it but if you are someone who is sensitive or allergic to fragrance then this is something you will not like in Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks.
Thanks for stopping by and reading!