Rimmel London’s Marshmallow Look Lipstick in shade #021
Grab a coffee or tea, or whatever you like and read about this gorgeous lipstick today. The only bummer is, this range of ‘Marshmallow Look Lipsticks’ is only available in Japan. I haven’t seen these anywhere else; share some info if you have.
This one is a gorgeous lip color by Rimmel that I recently purchased and have totally fallen in love with since then. I also carried it to our recent vacay to Europe as it is a perfect color for colder days; it’s dark, plummy, non-drying and a budget buy.
For a little background knowledge, I am a recent member to the community of dark lips, so it was quite a decision for me to make when I saw this beauty in a drugstore in Tokyo and that too with a descriptor ‘Marshmallow’. One part of me smirked ‘take it, we can deal with it’ and another yelled ‘no way, are you out of your mind’? But in the end, my adventurous side convinced me to adopt this baby and being a subtle-lippies-only girl has been a history since then! It is such a tricky color that I had a very hard time in capturing it with my camera.
What I like about the Rimmel London Marshmallow Look Lipstick:
- Texture—It truly does justice to the range name ‘Marshmallow’; it feels very soft and glides super smooth on the lips without enhancing the dryness or fine lines.
- Pigmentation—It is highly pigmented with true color in a single coat that you can work into a deeper tone by 2-3 coats or put on a base of a similar toned lip liner. You can also lighten it up by using it as a stain by dabbing it on your lips instead of swiping. Shade #021 is a very rich plumy, berry kind of bold shade that will definitely be a highlight of your face and is great for winters and evenings out.
- Staying power—It gave a good 4-5 hours of wear time on me with light sipping and snacking. Though after a proper meal I needed to touch it up.
- Packaging—It comes in a very simple and neat black-colored packaging with a metal cap that is lightweight and matte textured.
What I don’t like about the Rimmel London Marshmallow Look Lipstick:
- Sadly, this one is available only in Japan.
- Though it is not drying, it is also not very hydrating either. If you have dry lips you will need to prep them up before or better wear a lip balm under this.
Priced at: JPY 1404 (with taxes) Quantity: 3.8 g (quite great)
Overall it’s a lovely lip product and this is a lovely shade; if you can get your hands on this, do grab it. I definitely recommend it!
Thanks for stopping by and reading, have a great time!! 🙂