Let's see what all you need to have this yummy Sooji Wada (makes ~12-13) :
- Sooji - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 2 cups
- Chopped vegetables of your choice - I used capsicum, french beans, red onion, some grated carrots, and green chili
- Seasoning - salt and pepper
- Hot chili sauce - as per your liking
- Bread crumbs - to dust
- Roasted peanuts (ground) - 1/4 cup
- Oil - To shallow fry
Check here for masala chana recipe to accompany these sooji wadas.
Method for making Sooji Wada:
- Heat a non-stick on medium heat. When the pan is hot enough, add milk followed by sooji. Keep stirring the mixture until all the milk is absorbed by sooji and the mixture now looks more like mashed potatoes rather than milky. This should take around 5-7 minutes.
- Add all the chopped vegetables and ground peanuts, give it a gentle mix.
- Now, add some hot chili sauce depending upon your liking, season with salt and pepper and mix for about 30-45 sec.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool down completely.
- Once cool, make small patties from the entire mixture and cover them completely in bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Once the oil is hot enough, add about four patties and let them shallow fry on medium-low heat until they are evenly cooked and look golden brown. Finish the entire batch.
- Serve with your choice of dip. I served these with Szechwan sauce. 🙂
As always, thanks for stopping by and reading! I'll see you next time 🙂
Have a great weekend!